We value your privacy and strive to protect your personal information. This policy explains how we collect, use, and disclose personal information when you interact with us, whether through our website, services, or other means. By accessing or using our services, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described in this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Officer.
1. Types of Personal Information We Collect and Hold
Personal information refers to any information or opinion, whether true or not, that identifies an individual or makes an individual reasonably identifiable.
When you interact with Kodiak Projects, we may collect and hold the following types of personal information:
- Contact information: including your name, phone number, email address, billing address, postal address.
- Page and product information: such as the web pages you visit, the products you view, and information about the websites or search terms that refer you to our services.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
2.1 Collecting Personal Information from You
We collect personal information when you interact with Kodiak Projects, including when you:
- Visit our website
- Contact our customer support
2.2 Collecting Personal Information From Other Sources
In certain circumstances, we may collect personal information about you from other sources. This includes situations where you have given consent for the collection of information from a third party, or when authorised by law, or when it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect the information directly from you.
We ensure that personal information collected from other sources is obtained by lawful means and in a manner that respects your privacy.
2.3 Notification of Collection of Personal Information
If we collect your personal information from third parties in circumstances where you may not be aware of the collection, and where that information can be used to identify you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of the collection and the circumstances surrounding it.
2.4 Use of Tracking Tools
We may use tracking tools such as cookies, web beacons, log files, or similar technologies to collect information about how you interact with our website or services. These tools help us understand and improve our services.
Cookies are text files placed into your browser to store your preferences and track your usage patterns on our website.
Web beacons are small pieces of code embedded on web pages to monitor visitor behaviour and collect data about each visitor.
Log files track actions occurring on our website and collect data such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date-time stamps.
Most web browsers are initially set to accept cookies and similar tracking technologies. However, you can adjust your browser settings to refuse these tools or provide notifications when they are being used. Please note that blocking or disabling these tools may impact your experience and limit certain features or functionality.
2.5 Social Media
When you interact with us through social media channels, we may collect personal information about you. Please be aware that we will only interact with you on confidential matters through secure channels.
3. Use and Disclosure
3.1 Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use personal information for various purposes related to our business operations, including but not limited to:
- Processing orders, including payment processing, shipping arrangements, and providing invoices or order confirmations.
- Providing access to your online account. (If applicable)
- Improving our services and optimising our website.
- Providing you with marketing materials and targeted advertising regarding our products or services.
- Assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Communicating with you, including responding to inquiries or complaints.
- Screening orders for potential fraud.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, or codes of practice.
We will not use or disclose your personal information collected for a specific purpose for any unrelated purpose unless:
- You have provided consent for the use or disclosure of the information for another purpose, or
- The use or disclosure is permitted under applicable privacy laws (e.g., if you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for another purpose, or if the use or disclosure is required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order).
3.3 Disclosure to Third Parties
To fulfil our business functions, we may disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- Our subsidiaries and related entities.
- Advisers and consultants assisting us in providing our services.
- Third-party service providers, such as payment processors or providers of website hosting, maintenance, or analytics services.
- Social media platforms for targeted advertising purposes.
- Any other person with your consent.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations regarding your personal information. We do not sell, gift, rent, or trade your personal information to anyone.
Your personal information may be stored on servers located outside your country of residence. We may also disclose your personal information overseas to third parties, such as social media platforms, for targeted advertising purposes. We take measures to protect your personal information during such disclosures, including hashing the information before sharing it. We do not otherwise disclose your personal information outside the necessary jurisdictions.
4. Marketing and Advertising
4.1 Direct Marketing
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our products or services that may interest you. If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from us, you may:
- Contact our Privacy Officer,
- or Opt-out of further marketing materials through the opt-out mechanism provided in our marketing correspondence.
4.2 Targeted Advertising
We may use your personal information to deliver targeted advertisements or marketing communications to you based on your interests and preferences. These advertisements may be displayed on our website or on third-party platforms. If you prefer not to receive targeted advertising, you can opt-out by following the instructions provided by the respective platforms:
Please note that opting out of targeted advertising does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising. It only means that the advertising you receive will be less tailored to your interests.
5. Protecting Personal Information
5.1 Storing Personal Information
We store your personal information in electronic form on secure servers. We take reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information from misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or interference by implementing appropriate security measures, including:
- Physical security measures to restrict access to authorised personnel only, control building access, and utilise user identifiers and passwords.
- Electronic security systems such as firewalls, data encryption, antivirus, antispyware, and backup and recovery systems.
- Procedural security measures, including confidentiality obligations on employees, consultants, and contractors, providing training, and enforcing privacy and security policies and procedures.
5.2 Retention of Personal
Information If we no longer need your personal information for the purposes it was collected, we will take reasonable steps to securely destroy or permanently de-identify the information, unless retention is required by law or a court/tribunal order, or if the information is contained in a Commonwealth record.
6. Access To and Correction of Personal Information
6.1 Access to Personal Information
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. To make a request, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide access to your personal information in the manner you request, if it is reasonable and practical to do so, unless an exception under applicable privacy laws applies. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before granting access and may charge a small fee to cover administrative costs associated with providing the requested information.
6.2 Correction of Personal Information
If you believe that the personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, or misleading, you may request its correction. We will promptly consider your request and make corrections as necessary. If we have disclosed your personal information to another entity and you request us to notify them of the correction, we will take reasonable steps to do so unless it is impractical or unlawful.
6.3 Refusal of Access or Correction
If we refuse your request for access to or correction of your personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision, as required by applicable privacy laws. We will also inform you of the available mechanisms to lodge a complaint about the refusal.
Where it is lawful and practical to do so, you have the option to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when interacting with us. However, please note that if you choose not to provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services.
8. Complaints About Personal Information
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or wish to obtain further information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the following details:
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our investigation into your complaint or we have not responded within a reasonable time, you may escalate your concern to the relevant privacy authority in your jurisdiction. In Australia, you can contact the Australian Government Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).